Thursday, April 1, 2010

Turning 30




I know everybody turns 30, but yesterday was the day. I woke up and it had happened. It was kind of funny because I turned 30 at like 2 in the morning, but around 4 I woke up and had trouble sleeping for the next hour and a half. I think I was just so worried about what this next decade would bring. I hope it is all good stuff. By the time I am 40 I will have a 14 year old, a 12 year old, and an 11 year old. And maybe some more. That is crazy to think about.

My little people wrapped my presents in the top picture and there they are in the second. My favorite might be the swimming guy. I wanted an olive oil sprayer and of course 2 spatulas. The third picture is of the cake I got to eat. It is dairy and egg free with ganache on top. It tasted like a brownie. It was so yummy. I ate it again for breakfast. (Don't tell my girls, I wouldn't let them.)
Then scouts were cancelled at the last minute so we all went for a walk and watered the garden and blackberries. It was nice to have some extra time with the family. It was a great birthday.

4 comments:

Rigel said...

Happy 30th!!! Don't worry, this decade will be great! You will be a lot wiser by the end! Glad you had a happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Isn't it weird to think about that with how old our kids will be and where we'll be in the next ten years?! Looks like you had a great birthday! Again, we need to get together really soon, especially now that it's warm we can go to the park! I haven't even met Tiny yet! Miss you guys!

Wendy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Esther said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! It looks like it was a nice one and I hope you have a GREAT decade! :)

It is crazy to think how different life is now at 30 from what it at 20 and how different it will be at 40.