Friday, April 30, 2010

Every spring I get all excited about a garden, then by July I always kind of get lazy. Hopefully this year that wont happen. So this is a little update.

These are the first planting of peas and they look great at about 18 inches high at their tallest.

This is the comcast cable I nicked while digging. Really I was only about 3-4 inches deep. They had a guy come and try to splice it, but he decided that it needed replaced after he dug around a bit.



This is the lettuce that Kit and I planted. You can tell I had a bit of help in the top left. I think they could use some thinning.

This is the row for the asparagus. I thought it turned out fairly straight and it took less than 30 minutes for me to dig last night. Today I got some top soil and some fertilizer to put in it so I will plant it this evening. I know you don't get a great yield from asparagus, but I thought it would be fun to have and I wont have to plant it again. I love it.


I am still waiting Comcast to come and locate my line so I figured I would give them until early next week, but them I am going to just dig. I guess if I ruin the line they will get here faster.

No comments: