Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sweet week

Last week I made dessert four out of seven days. That is over 50%, that is terrible. It started off with peanut butter cookies for Bob. Then monkey bread for me. Then praline muffins for the elders quorum. Then a gooey cake for the Pages. All were very good. Two were new recipes, the last two, and I am going to share one with you tonight.

St Louis gooey butter cake

Yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1 lb powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese
1 T orange zest
2 t vanilla

Last two are optional, I used both and it was fabulous

Mix cake mix, 2 eggs, butter and spread in 9x13 in pan.
Mix 2 eggs, sugar, cheese, zest, and vanilla until smooth and pour over the top. Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes, until center is set. It took 35 for my oven. Serve when cooled.

It was so yummy. Way better than regular cake, but that isn't hard to beat since I am not a cake eater. You really must try it. It is pretty easy too, it hardly takes much more time than a regular cake. I have to give the credit to my mom, she pulled it out of the paper years ago. I snagged it from her table and I haven't made it until now. What a disappointment, I could have been eating this for years.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I will have to try it my way - no boxed cake - see how it comes out, looks like itmay have some promise:-)