Monday, June 29, 2009

Coming to a close

I packed up some boxes today and am so happy to finally be moving. I will be excited to be close to work and live in a cute little neighborhood and just enjoy a bit of a change.

I put Kit Kat in her room today to take a nap and she locked herself in there. What a mess. I tried for 20 minutes to get the lock undone, but I just couldn't do it. So I called a friend I thought would have the tool to open it, but she didn't have it. She did however give me a name to another friend who might be able to unlock it with a nut pick, so I called her. She wasn't home, but I called her at another friends house. She told me to just leave her in there and eventually she would unlock the door on her own. I really didn't want to do this because Kit had a stinky diaper and I could smell it out where I was. But by the time I was off the phone Kit had opened the door and all was well. So thanks to all who helped today.

2 comments:

grandma jojo said...

so where are you moving to? did you find a house?
maybe kitkat just needed some time alone in her room to say good-bye.
good luck with the move.

Sarah said...

Tessa locked herself in the bathroom at about the same age. Unfortunately, she had just gotten in trouble and thought the locked door was part of the punishment. It took her a LONG time to calm down enough to actually try to unlock the door. There's always something with children.

Good luck with the move! Can you send pictures of your new place?