Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday! I have a 5 year old







Sinclaire wanted a rainbow cake so this is what we came up with. It was actually the easiest cake to make and hardly any extra time at all. She loved it. And loved helping me make it.



She had been asking to go to the Children's Museum for two weeks so we decided to go on her birthday. We went with a few friends and had a great time. I love that place. Tiny is a bit challenging to corral, but we had a fun time and discovered some new things that we did not know were there before.



Oh just can not believe I have a five year old. I can believe that she has been here for five years, I just can't believe I have survived it. I would like to say that in those five years I learned patience, but I am not sure that I am there yet. As I try to look at the world through the eyes of a five year old, I am presented with challenges and new set of things to conquer, and not all of them are fun. But I love playing games with her and hearing her giggle at the silly things. She loves to read, paint, and play puppy with her sister. And she loves to carry Tiny around.

3 comments:

JoEllen said...

Happy Birthday!

Does your Children's Museum have a run way with dress up clothes? That is awesome!

Patience...that is a hard one...

JoEllen said...

PS love the rainbow cake!

Lisa said...

I think the rainbow cake is awesome! Very creative. Happy birthday to Sinclaire! :)